Welcome to my resources page! I will be updating this page over time, so check back often for new updates. You’ll be able to find resources about digital accessibility if you’re a developer, professional, entrepreneur or an individual with a disability including: mobile apps, laws, guidelines, conferences, etc.
My Recommended Apps/Services:
- Audible is an audiobook service that allows you to listen to thousands of best-selling books, often read by the authors themselves. Reading is important to your overall success and Audible has business and self-improvement books too.
- Bluehost helps you get your website up and running for your business that is secure, affordable and reliable.
- Buffer is a great social media content management system that allows you to manage multiple accounts, reschedule old popular posts, and set your own posting schedule in the app.
- Downcast is a great podcast listening app that allows your to subscribe to your favorite podcasts and receive notifications when new episodes are available.
- Dropbox is my go to cloud storage choice that can integrate with many apps and websites, is very accessible and secure. You’ll never want to use USB drives again!
- Google Voice is a great VOIP option for small business owners who don’t want to give out their cell phone number to everyone. There’s a mobile app, voicemail transcription, and much more.
- Freshbooks is an online, cloud accounting software system that allows you to track your time, money, clients and much more. Join today and get an extra month for free when you upgrade to a paid plan.
- Mailchimp is an email management service that has e-commerce and sales automation features along with integrations of your favorite apps and services like WordPress, Google, Twitter and more.
- Notability is my go-to option for taking notes, creating lists and staying organized with projects. There are lots of accessibility options with this app too!
- Smart Passive Income Theme is a website theme that is very affordable, easy-to-setup, accessible and looks great too! If you’re a small business owner, this is the theme for your business that will give you a great looking and accessible website.
Accessibility Tools and Resources
- Apple Accessibility
- Color Contrast Checker
- Deque Axe Accessibility Testing Plugin
- Firefox Accessibility Evaluation Toolbar
- Google Accessibility
- Google Chrome Accessibility Extensions
- IBM AbilityLab Mobile Accessibility Checker
- Microsoft Accessibility
- Siteimprove Accessibility Checker
- SSB Accessibility Management Platform
- Tenon Accessibility Checker
- The Paciello Group Web Accessibility Toolbar
- WAVE Web Accessibility Tool
- WordPress Accessibility
- WP Accessibility Plugin by Joe Dolson
Accessibility / Disability Related Conferences
- Association of Higher Education and Disabilities Conference
- Assistive Technology Industry Association Conference
- Closing The Gap Conference
- California State University, Northridge Assistive Technology Conference
- M-Enabling Summit Conference
- Rehabilitation Engineering Society of North America Conference
Accessibility / Disability Related Guidelines and Laws
- 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Ac (CVAA)
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) Guidelines
- Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA) of 1986
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990
- Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) of 1975
- PDF/Universal Accessibility Guidelines
- Section 504 Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Section 508 Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- User Agent Accessibility Guidelines (UAAG)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
Please note: Some of the links on this page are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or believe will add value to my audience.